The conflict between a secure British Standard accredited front door lock and fire safety recommendations has now been overcome thanks to the new ERA Keyless Egress Range. The new BS 8621:2004 standard mirrors the BS 3621:2004 but is for ‘escape’ locks. The locks are classified as providing keyless egress at all times. This applies where there is a requirement for an easy action method of opening an external door from the inside with no need for keys or similar devices for unlocking. Especially relevant for entrance doors in multi-residential and other buildings. A keyless lever on the inside of the door ensures it is possible to make an emergency escape in the event of a fire.
- Especially relevant for entrance doors in multi-residential and other buildings
- Ensures an easy exit in the event of a fire
- Provides keyless egress at all times
- Bolt hold back facility on the lock body of the lock
- No keys required on the inside
- 60mm Backset (edge of door to the keyhole)
- Overall case width 90mm
- Secured By Design Approved
- Armoured cylinder pull built in to resist attack and ease of pulling door closed.
- Heavyweight feel.
- Satin Nickel finish
- Other finishes and sizes available to order
5yr Mechanical Warranty